- Festivals, community and council events
- Sporting and endurance events
- School and community sport
- Corporate functions and meetings
- Remote activities in desert, bush, canyon and cliff locations
- First aiders
- Nurses and Paramedics
- Doctors (trauma trained/expedition experience)
- Sports strappers
- First Aid Kits
- Remote and Wilderness Qualified
- Equipment includes Defibrillators (AED), BP measuring equipment, Pulse oximeter, BGL Meters and more (see below).
- Point-of-Care Blood analysis
- Incident logging and post-event report
- Patient evacuation (non-critical) using specially equipped 4WD vehicles.
- Helicopter evacuation service.
EVENT MEDICAL AND FIRST AID
- We have delivered medical and first aid for events across Australia, from the Blue Mountains to the coast to the outback.
- We’ve supplied medical teams, written safety advice for the pre-event kit, conducted safety briefings and participant info nights.
- All medical and first aid work is subject to a risk management plan. Documentation can be supplied for land managers/regulators if requested.
- We usually work with the event organiser to write the event Safety and Emergency Plan.
MEDICAL TEAM EXPERIENCE
ESS has provided medical teams and equipment for:
- Ultra Trail Australia (previously North Face 100) (Blue Mountains NSW)
- Tough Mudder Sydney
- Spring Cycle NSW
- Six Foot Track Marathon
- Wild Endurance (Blue Mountains NSW)
- Big Red Run (Simpson Desert)
- Big Red Bash (Simpson Desert)
- Burke and Wills Trek (Outback SA and Qld)
- Uluru Trek (NT)
- Gone Nuts (101km trail run in Tassie)
- Oscars Hut2Hut (Vic)
- FOTSUN Festival of the Sun, Port Macquarie NSW
- Sydney Trail Series
- Coastrek (Sydney)
- ANZAC Day Challenge (Sydney)
- Buffalo Stampede (SkyRun, Victoria)
- Hounslow Classic (SkyRun, NSW)
- Glow Worm Tunnel Marathon (Blue Mountains, NSW)
- Kanangra Classic (Blue Mountains, NSW)
- Running Wild NSW (Blue Mountains, NSW)
- Galston Gutbuster (NSW)
Medical and first aid teams are well equipped with patient care, diagnostic, treatment and response equipment.
Some of the gear we can supply includes:
- Defibrillator (AED type)
- Oxygen – Medical O2 in portable kit with masks and regulator. Suits therapy or full flow.
- Abbott iSTAT point-of-care blood analysis
- ECG ICU monitoring (ECG, NIBP, Resps, Temp)
- Stokes Litter
- Spine Board
- Vertical rescue kit (ropes, pulleys etc)
- Larkin Rescue Frame
- First Aid Kit
- Dressings and bandages
- Splinting equipment
- Blister kits
- Blood Pressure cuff and gauge
- Pulse oximeter
- Blood Glucose Level monitoring kit
- Patient care gear such as tent, shelter, sleeping bag and blankets